Monday, June 23, 2008

In Love with Cricket

I was 12 years old people, when I was so crazy about cricket that I even ended up writing a poem. So here it is, my only work of poetry.

In Love with Cricket

Oh, Cricket is a spectacular game,
I fall into a trance when i hear its name,
If i were given a bat and the bowler a ball,
I'd make a score big and tall.
If i were granted a boon for Boon,
To play superbly,I'd surely swoon,
I'd like to represent my country,
And go an test debut and hit a century.
And even in my one day debut,
I think i'll hit a century too.
I may become a spinner,
Since he always turns out to be a winner,
I really like to bowl a yorker,
Which now isn't bowled by Prabhakar.
I could tryout a beamer,
Or who knows? - may be the seamer,
I can bowl the out and in-swinger,
And i could invent an on-swinger.
That's it from me, the little don,
Ans may cricket continue for eons.



PS: I was 'little' back then.. :P

5 comments:

Susa said...

somehow i cant imagine u as 'little watz'!

Watz said...

haha... i will put up pics of little Watz.. then u wont have to... :P

Sungl said...

rascal u knew the words eons,trance etc when u were 12 years old ah...wel wel wel,wat can i say

Anonymous said...

dey peela vidum pothu alava vidu da

u still remember the poem u wrote 10 years before ah ?

Watz said...

@ sunil: decent vocab back then da... never consolidated.

@ SSS: machaan.. i didn remember n all da.. i remembered i had put it online somewhere.. jus took it out from there... courtesy- Poetry.com.